We are looking for a Junior QA Engineer to join our QA team. Your day-to-day tasks will involve you working on our PropTech cloud-based platform alongside API and UI developers as well as our product in one of our cross-functional SCRUM teams.
The role is extremely varied and would include Sprint tasks, functional (Exploratory) and non-functional testing (Performance, Security etc), Automation with Selenium and Specflow, exposure to cloud technologies (Azure, AWS etc). Additionally, there will be an element of collaborating with the rest of the teams on investigating issues and vulnerabilities.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about working in a small but growing team to continue evolving our market-leading product using some of the latest technologies and testing methods available
The following outlines the primary skills of our ideal candidate, however, don’t be put off if you feel like you don’t tick every box. If you’re excited by the prospect of working with us, we’d still love to have a conversation with you:
- 1-2 years commercial experience as QA engineer
- Knowledge about browsers and user-agents and how to use them during testing (e.g., background processes in browser console and network tabs)
- Understands the difference between the API and the UI
- DB knowledge and can use basic queries
- Knowledge of RESTful and Json services
- Writing of test cases and scenarios
- Great problem-solving skills
The following technical skills or experience is desirable:
- Test automation with Selenium and Specflow
- Security testing (OWASP and etc tools)
- Performance testing (JMeter)
We’d love to work with someone who feels that they have the following traits:
- A keen interest and passion for all things dev
- An awareness of current trends and best practices
- A forward thinker
- Would thrive when working as part of a team or collaborating with colleagues across the organisation
- Has a respectful and caring attitude
- Is a confident, self-driven team player with the ability to make decisions supporting business requirements
We understand that your time is in demand and as such keep our interview process as quick and painless as possible, outlining all timeframes in advance for you to plan around.
Stage 1: The initial phase will be a 30 minute Zoom chat.
Stage 2: A straightforward tech test and interview with our Lead QA Engineer and members of the QA team. This will involve a general discussion about you, Coyote and the role. As part of this, you may be asked to explain the approach to the test.
Stage 3: Final-round interview with our CEO & Co-Founder and our Head of Product. This will be more around career and giving you a great overview of the company!