The role is extremely varied and would include day-to-day Sprint tasks, stand-alone projects and improvements to our backend infrastructure. Additionally, there will be an element of collaborating with the rest of the team on the architectural direction of our platform.
We are always looking to develop and improve as a team. Regular collaborative sessions allow us all take part in planning our roadmap, reviewing our team structures and processes to ensure that everyone has a voice in the way we work. Dedicated weekly training time to study courses on Pluralsight and team hackathons give us all a chance to learn new skills.
Our services are entirely cloud-based, hosted in the Microsoft Azure environment. You will be an important part of adding and maintaining a wide range of Web Applications and Serverless Functions, working with data from SQL Server, NoSQL (Cosmos) and external APIs.
We define our Cloud Infrastructure through code using Terraform to minimise any manual configuration.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about working in a small but growing team to continue evolving our market-leading product using some of the latest technology available.
The following outlines the primary skills of our perfect candidate, however, don’t be put off if you feel like you don’t tick every box. If you’re excited by the prospect of working with us, we’d still love to have a conversation with you:
- 2+ years commercial C# experience or other Object Orientated Language
- Experience of working with SQL databases
- A good understanding of Distributed/Cloud Based Systems (e.g. Serverless
Functions, Queue/Event driven architectures) ideally Microsoft Azure
- A proven track record of developing performant, testable and scalable
commercial web applications
- Great problem-solving skills
- Testing frameworks such as XUnit/NUnit
The following technical skills or experience is desirable:
- Working collaboratively, including reviewing the code of others
- Experience with Build Automation and Deployment pipelines (Azure DevOps)
- Configuring Cloud Services and Infrastructure using code (Terraform)
- Experience of working with NoSQL data stores (Cosmos)
We’d love to work with someone who feels that they have the following traits:
- A keen interest and passion for all things dev
- An awareness of current trends and best practices
- A forward thinker
- Would thrive when working as part of a team or collaborating with colleagues across the organisation
- Has a respectful and caring attitude
- Is a confident, self-driven individual with the ability to make decisions in line with business requirements
We understand that your time is in demand and as such keep our interview process as quick and painless as possible, outlining all timeframes in advance for you to plan around.
Stage 1: The initial phase will be a telephone chat, followed by a straightforward .Net tech
test which you do at home.
Stage 2: A remote Zoom interview with our Lead API developer and members of their team. This will involve a general discussion about you, Coyote and the role. As part of this you may be asked to explain the tech test solution and make some minor changes to it.
Stage 3: Final-round interview with our CEO & Co-Founder and our Head of Product. This will be more around career and giving you a great overview of the company!